Sorry I don't have process shots for any of these.
I started this project by finding these beautiful rocks and thinking they would look great with some Elvish runes on them. I quickly switched to Viking, as Viking runes were much easier to research. I made a list of my favorites and narrowed it down to the top four. (One per rock.) They would be placed in my garden.
And finally, since the rocks would be outdoors in the weather, I coated each rock in several layers of triple thick glaze.
My best friend and I went to Goodwill and Texas Thrift and this lovely pile of objects is what I came home with.
Finally I used a sealant over the gold leaf, but it was so textured that I had to go back to Hobby Lobby to find something stronger to seal it all off. I came home with Triple Thick glaze. Somehow the glaze took away the frosted effect on the purple glass, but I still loved it and it finished the vase off rather beautifully!
I couldn't get the plant to stop growing, even after I did nothing to care for it for almost 3 months! It just kept growing! Recently, a prolonged frost kicked its butt, and I felt bad and went to save it.
I will leave each "packet" there for a while until I forget about them, and then one day in about a week to three weeks I will suddenly remember them and pull them out. Time will tell if they will press well or not!
I started with some plain white cardstock. I distressed the edges using a foot exfoliator that I bought at Dollar Tree.
I was sending the letter to my favorite author, so I wrapped the letter very carefully in tissue paper and filled a box with bubble wrap to send it off in. At the last minute I added a scrap of paper with my name and address in case the recipient wanted to write back.
The original pile of treasure from Goodwill and Texas thrift. Unfortunately, I forgot to take any process shots on this project, so the only "before" I have is this picture.
Distressed Gold Leaf Skull
I made this. And I had fun with it. For more details, look in the descriptions of the process shots.
This blanket took me all summer of 2018.
I made the pattern myself based off of the idea of Indian blankets.
It has 151 rows, taking about 15-30 minutes and 76 FEET of yarn to crochet ONE row.
It has 24 tassels, each requiring approximately
12 1/2 feet of yarn to make.
Don't forget the black edged border on the two sides.
In the end, this blanket:
Cost hundreds of dollars and countless hours
Measures around 6.7 feet long by 5.3 feet wide
(not counting tassels!)
Used approximately 2 1/4 *MILES* of yarn
Weighs a whopping 13.1 pounds
And is the comfiest way to make a human burrito!
I custom crocheted each of these sweaters without a pattern.
I took general measurements
of the dogs, and then kept fitting the sweater on them as the work progressed.
(The bow tie attached to the one sweater was created using a pattern.)
Summer of 2017 I had the house to myself as my parents spent the summer in Colorado.
I only had two summer classes, and so took over the dining room space and enjoyed spending time on some art projects on the side!
(Mediums are in the descriptions)